Reducing our environmental impact…
We’re always looking for ways to protect the environment by reducing the impact of our products and processes.
We have set ourselves rigorous targets and to help, we’re working with supply partners focused on the same thing.
One of these partners is Milk & More who are advocates for sustainability and reducing plastic consumption. We’re extremely proud of the quality of our juice and even prouder that we can offer an extensive glass bottle range which includes juice, lemonade and super smoothies.
On top of our glass range, we have a wide range of products that are now being produced using recycled PET bottles (RPET). We also collaborate with our packaging supply partners who are actively working to reduce waste & maximize recycle levels.
The company that we source some of our RPET bottles from are responsible for extracting 20 billion plastic bottles and containers from landfills every year and recycling them. They also focus on supporting organisations and government community recycling programs, including their membership of WRAP’s UK Plastics Pact scheme.
Some specific highlights at our individual sites are shown below:
- We have eliminated all black plastic packaging by switching 4.6M caps to clear, more widely re-cycled caps.
- All our Village Press outer case boxes are made from 100% recycled material.
- We have reduced the waste sent to land fill, significantly increasing levels of waste that is sent for recycling & energy recovery.
- We have installed LED efficient lighting throughout the production areas, cutting the power needed to light the factory by 50%.
- We have a cardboard baler onsite in order to fully recycle all board that comes into the plant, helping to minimise waste sent to landfill.
- Alternative packaging formats – we have various manufacturing capabilities throughout the business including glass bottles and cartons. We have been making a conscious effort to ensure we are offering as much choice as possible to our customers having the potential to reduce environmental impact
Our future pledge to reduce our environmental impact:
We will continue our efforts to protect the environment. We hope that there continues to be a plentiful supply of RPET to allow us to do this. Further to this we have an ongoing project that aims to reduce the amount of plastic used in our hotfill bottles.
If you have any questions about the above, do contact your account manager or send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you shortly.