Reducing our environmental impact…
We’re always looking for ways to protect the environment by reducing the impact of our products and processes.
We have set ourselves rigorous targets and to help, we’re working with supply partners focused on the same thing.
For example, the company that we source some of our PET bottles from is responsible for extracting 20 billion plastic bottles and containers from landfills every year and recycling them. They also focus on supporting organisations and government community recycling programs, including their membership of WRAP’s UK Plastics Pact scheme.
We have a wide range of products that are now being produced using recycled PET bottles (RPET). For the products which cannot currently use recycled plastic in their packaging, we collaborate with our supply partners who are actively working to reduce waste & maximize recycle levels.
Some specific highlights at our individual sites are shown below:
- By early 2019 we will have eliminated all black plastic packaging by switching 4.6M caps to clear, more widely re-cycled caps.
- All our Village Press outer case boxes are made from 100% recycled material.
- We have reduced the waste sent to land fill, significantly increasing levels of waste that is sent for recycling & energy recovery.
- All PET used across the site is 100% recyclable.
- We have installed LED efficient lighting throughout the production areas, cutting the power needed to light the factory by 50%.
- We have a cardboard baler onsite in order to fully recycle all board that comes into the plant, helping to minimise waste sent to landfill.
- Alternative packaging formats – we have various manufacturing capabilities throughout the business including glass bottles and cartons. We have been making a conscious effort to ensure we are offering as much choice as possible to our customers having the potential to reduce environmental impact.
Our future pledge to reduce our environmental impact:
We will continue our efforts to protect the environment. We hope that there continues to be a favourable supply of RPET to allow us to source good quality RPET competitively. If this continues to be the case, we will increase the amount of RPET used by 50% by 2021.
If you have any questions about the above, do contact your account manager or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you shortly.